Allegany Image Collections
OK, I got a new digital camara and I've just moved back to my beloved
cabin in Allegany Oregon, so naturally I took a bunch of pictures.
These are broken into sections based on theme, and also where I
to be hiking at a given time.
- 'around_cabin' images of the cabin and
surrounding decks mainly.
images from my hike upriver from my cabin.
from my hike downriver both on the trail and cutting over to the river.
- 'crawdads_etc' images of the fauna of the
area. Crawdads have almost a mystic quality to my sister and me since we
spent so much effort capturing them as kids.
- 'coos_bay_to_cabin' images taken
mainly out of my car while driving from Coos Bay to my place. Kind of a
- 'trip_to_loon_lake' a long time ago,
the road went from in-land to Allegany, then one had to take a boat to Coos
Bay. I wanted to see if I could get back inland (to Elkton) and take some
time off of my trip to Portland. Loon Lake is about 25 miles from my place
on the logging roads. I made it (and back!)
- 'misc_testing_etc' Some maps, camera test, a
- 'MandM' My sister snaped these earlier this year.
The river is higher...look at me getting the bed across the river :) It's
the last one...the others are a neibors hydraulic ram pump.
- 'amar_may_2002' My friend visited in
spring 2002 and snapped these photos.
- 'climbing' Climbing to fix up the water line
that goes across the river.
- 'wf_roadside_work' Work on the road-side clearing
for my shop site.
- 'mushrooms_10-04' 2004 was a hell of a year for mushrooms. Big rains in early Sept is probably the reason. I took these in half an hour of walking around my place 10/7/2004.
- Hydraulic Ram Pump
Pictures and notes about my water system built around my Hydraulic Ram Pump.